Litopenaeus setiferus population dynamics
Processes regulating juvenile growth and mortality of white shrimp Litopenaeus setiferus in coastal nurseries may be particularly important in regulating offshore adult population size and sustainability. Read More . . .
Habitat use of queen conch, Strombus gigas
Habitat use and movement patterns of queen conch differ by size and maturity status, making it important to identify areas and habitat types that can play a role in the recovery of this species. Read More . . .
Forecast for the 2014 Brown Shrimp Season
Forecast for the 2014 Brown Shrimp season in the Western Gulf of Mexico, from the Mississippi River to the U.S. - Mexico Border. Read More . . .
Sternal Spines in Penaeid Postlarvae
Our ability to identify and discriminate postlarvae of penaeids below family level remains poor due to phase brevity and a lack of taxonomic characters. Read More . . .
Nekton Density and Growth Patterns
Nekton on the northern Gulf of Mexico depend on estuarine nursery areas, but patterns of habitat use and the underlying processes that drive these patterns are not fully understood. Read More . . .
- Small-Scale Nekton Density and Growth Patterns Across a Saltmarsh Landscape in Barataria Bay, Louisiana.
- Sternal Spines in Penaeid Postlarvae (Decapoda: Penaeidae): Life-Phase-Specific and Systematically Significant?
- 2014 Brown Shrimp Forecast.
- Home range, movement rates, and habitat use of queen conch, Strombus gigas, in St. John, U.S. Virgin Islands..
- Juvenile growth and mortality effects on white shrimp Litopenaeus setiferus population dynamics in the northern Gulf of Mexico..
- Three decades of US Gulf of Mexico white shrimp, Litopenaeus setiferus, commercial catch statistics..
- NOAA Fisheries Announces a Cost Sharing Program for the Electronic Logbook (ELB) Program in the Gulf of Mexico Shrimp Fishery.
- Hydrodynamic regulation of salt marsh contributions to aquatic food webs.
- Kemp's Ridley Hatchlings arrive at Galveston Sea Turtle Facility for first time in over a decade.
- SPGM Electronic Logbook (ELB) Program Enhanced Using Cellular.
- Successfully Rehabilitated Loggerhead Released.
- Shrimp Fishery to Re-Open Off Texas on July, 15, 2013.
- 2013 Brown Shrimp Forecast.
- A Comparison of Salt Marsh Construction Costs with the Value of Exported Shrimp Production.
- A Comparative Assessment of Gulf Estuarine Systems (CAGES)
- We've picked a winner in our Ocean Discovery Day Logo contest!!
- Saturday, March 23, 2013 NOAA National Marine Fisheries Service and National Ocean Service hosted the 6th Annual Ocean Discovery Day.
- Characterization of the U.S. Gulf of Mexico and South Atlantic penaeid and rock shrimp fisheries based on observer data.
- Sea Turtle Saturday Feb. 16, 2013
- Ocean Discovery Day 2013 Date Announced!
- 07/03/2012 :
- Texas Opening Announced: July 15, 2012
- 05/08/2012 :
- Texas Closure Announced: May 15, 2012
- 05/07/2012 :
- Sea turtle tours are back and available by appointment only.