Variability in Salt Marsh Flooding Patterns
Tidal flooding of the marsh edge appears to be an important characteristic that affects the value of this habitat for juvenile nekton. Read More . . .
Cold Stun Sea Turtles Return Home
On Wednesday May 27, NOAA Fisheries, the Houston Zoo and Moody Gardens released 51 sea turtles at Stewart Beach in Galveston, Texas. Read More . . .
Forecast for the 2015 Brown Shrimp Season
The 2015 indices of juvenile shrimp abundance indicate a below average year of brown shrimp production in offshore waters of the western Gulf of Mexico during the July 2015–June 2016 season. Read More . . .
Mortality Rates of Juvenile White Shrimp
We estimated and compared natural mortality rates of juvenile white shrimp Litopenaeus setiferus using length-frequency and mark-recapture data and attempted to identify factors that may affect these mortality rates. Read More . . .
Salinity Selection by Juvenile Shrimp
We conducted laboratory experiments in a gradient tank to examine salinity preferences of juvenile shrimp and provide insights into salinity selection. Read More . . .
- Salinity Selection by Juvenile Brown Shrimp (Farfantepenaeus aztecus) and White Shrimp (Litopenaeus setiferus) in a Gradient Tank.
- Estimating Natural Mortality Rates of Juvenile White Shrimp Litopenaeus setiferus.
- Shrimp Fishery to Re-Open Off Texas on July 15, 2015.
- 2015 Brown Shrimp Forecast.
- New England Cold Stun Turtles Released.
- Variability in salt marsh flooding patterns in Galveston Bay, Texas.
- NOAA NMFS Shrimp Exhibit at Texas Parks and Wildlife Department’s Sea Center Texas in Lake Jackson, TX.
- Our 8th Annual Ocean Discovery Day was held on March 14, 2015 at the NOAA Laboratory in Galveston, Texas.
- Small-Scale Nekton Density and Growth Patterns Across a Saltmarsh Landscape in Barataria Bay, Louisiana.
- Sternal Spines in Penaeid Postlarvae (Decapoda: Penaeidae): Life-Phase-Specific and Systematically Significant?
- 2014 Brown Shrimp Forecast.
- Home range, movement rates, and habitat use of queen conch, Strombus gigas, in St. John, U.S. Virgin Islands..
- Juvenile growth and mortality effects on white shrimp Litopenaeus setiferus population dynamics in the northern Gulf of Mexico..
- Three decades of US Gulf of Mexico white shrimp, Litopenaeus setiferus, commercial catch statistics..
- NOAA Fisheries Announces a Cost Sharing Program for the Electronic Logbook (ELB) Program in the Gulf of Mexico Shrimp Fishery.
- Hydrodynamic regulation of salt marsh contributions to aquatic food webs.
- Kemp's Ridley Hatchlings arrive at Galveston Sea Turtle Facility for first time in over a decade.
- SPGM Electronic Logbook (ELB) Program Enhanced Using Cellular.
- Successfully Rehabilitated Loggerhead Released.
- Shrimp Fishery to Re-Open Off Texas on July, 15, 2013.
- 2013 Brown Shrimp Forecast.
- A Comparison of Salt Marsh Construction Costs with the Value of Exported Shrimp Production.
- A Comparative Assessment of Gulf Estuarine Systems (CAGES)
- We've picked a winner in our Ocean Discovery Day Logo contest!!
- Saturday, March 23, 2013 NOAA National Marine Fisheries Service and National Ocean Service hosted the 6th Annual Ocean Discovery Day.
- Characterization of the U.S. Gulf of Mexico and South Atlantic penaeid and rock shrimp fisheries based on observer data.
- Sea Turtle Saturday Feb. 16, 2013
- Ocean Discovery Day 2013 Date Announced!
- 07/03/2012 :
- Texas Opening Announced: July 15, 2012
- 05/08/2012 :
- Texas Closure Announced: May 15, 2012
- 05/07/2012 :
- Sea turtle tours are back and available by appointment only.