Cellular Electronic Logbook (cELB)
GPS Electronic logbook (ELB) which currently tracks fishing effort is being enhanced to use cellular reporting capability. Read More . . .
Loggerhead Returns Home
NOAA NMFS Protected Species Branch released the largest loggerhead sea turtle it has ever rehabilitated in Galveston on July 31, 2013. Read More . . .
Kemp's Arrive in Galveston
Kemp's Ridley Hatchlings arrive for first time at Galveston Laboratory Turtle Facility in over a decade. Read More . . .
Hydrodynamic regulation of food webs
Food web mixing models based on stable isotope analysis show that the importance of Spartina trophic support for common nekton may be regulated by the duration of marsh surface flooding. Read More . . .
Three Decades of White Shrimp Landings Statistics
Gulf of Mexico, white shrimp,Litopenaeus setiferus, catch statistics have been collected by NOAA’s NMFS for over 50 years. Here we report shrimp data collected from 1984 to 2011. Read More . . .
- Three decades of US Gulf of Mexico white shrimp, Litopenaeus setiferus, commercial catch statistics..
- NOAA Fisheries Announces a Cost Sharing Program for the Electronic Logbook (ELB) Program in the Gulf of Mexico Shrimp Fishery.
- Hydrodynamic regulation of salt marsh contributions to aquatic food webs.
- Kemp's Ridley Hatchlings arrive at Galveston Sea Turtle Facility for first time in over a decade.
- SPGM Electronic Logbook (ELB) Program Enhanced Using Cellular.
- Successfully Rehabilitated Loggerhead Released.
- Shrimp Fishery to Re-Open Off Texas on July, 15, 2013.
- 2013 Brown Shrimp Forecast.
- A Comparison of Salt Marsh Construction Costs with the Value of Exported Shrimp Production.
- A Comparative Assessment of Gulf Estuarine Systems (CAGES)
- We've picked a winner in our Ocean Discovery Day Logo contest!!
- Saturday, March 23, 2013 NOAA National Marine Fisheries Service and National Ocean Service hosted the 6th Annual Ocean Discovery Day.
- Characterization of the U.S. Gulf of Mexico and South Atlantic penaeid and rock shrimp fisheries based on observer data.
- Sea Turtle Saturday Feb. 16, 2013
- Ocean Discovery Day 2013 Date Announced!
- 07/03/2012 :
- Texas Opening Announced: July 15, 2012
- 05/08/2012 :
- Texas Closure Announced: May 15, 2012
- 05/07/2012 :
- Sea turtle tours are back and available by appointment only.